Do you want to enjoy your wine without the taste of too much alcohol in it? Do you want to start your wine journey, but that dry and robust taste of alcohol leaves a bad taste in your mouth and is stopping you? If you’re going to explore the different types of wines around the world, but your palate is not ready for too much alcohol, you don’t have to worry because there are wines that barely taste like alcohol and taste smooth, fruity, enjoyable, and satisfying too!!
Before we take you to our list of the best wines that barely taste like alcohol, let’s quickly understand what wine is?
Wines are made from the fermentation of grapes mostly, but other fruits like plums, cranberries, apples, etc., can also be used. The grapes used in the making of wine are different from regular grapes. The riper the grape, the sweeter will be your wine which also means that they will have less of a taste of alcohol in it. Beer also has alcohol but is different from wine in terms of the main ingredient. Beer is made from the fermentation of grains, unlike wines.
Wines that doesn’t taste like Alcohol
We suggest some wines that are satisfying without tasting too alcoholic for your palate. After drinking these wines, you will easily start your wine journey and want to explore it to the fullest.
“Perfect blend of sweet and refreshing.” – User Review
(4.7 / 5)
- This wine is made from high-quality organically farmed grapes, and the fermentation is stopped at 5% ABV.
- It looks pale yellow in color and has an intense aroma of flower petals (primarily roses), ginger, and peaches.
- It is sweet for your palate and has a flavor of balanced acidity and, finally, a finish of soft apricots!
- As a whole, it has a very complex taste that you will definitely enjoy.
- Best paired with cream-based desserts, blue cheese, Asian cuisine, and any spicy appetizers.
Winner of Vivino’s 2020 Wine Style Awards: Bordeaux Sauternes (1975 Vintage)
“Hitting the right notes on all fronts. Incredibly fresh and intense, as it should be. Honey, marmalade, dried apricot, toffee. You get the idea!” – User Review
(4.7 / 5)
- Wines from Château d’Yquem are known for their complexity and sweetness.
- It has a fruity tone and includes complex secondary flavors blended well.
- It has an alcohol content of 14.8%.
- This wine is made from botrytized grapes.
- If you store this wine properly, you can keep it for a century and more. If you want to enjoy or celebrate some special moment in your life, then this delicious wine is a perfect choice.
- Best paird with seafood, especially shellfish, lobster, crab, and oysters on the half shell. Foie gras is a perfect pairing with its natural sweet, salty and savory characteristics.
Featured in Vivino’s 2017 Wine Style Awards: Italian Moscato d’Asti (2008 Vintage)
(4.2 / 5)
Price: $ 15.99
- This frothy wine is smooth and very sweet on your palate.
- It has an alcohol content of 5.5%.
- It has a very fresh and frizzy taste but not overpowering, just makes you notice it and feel guilty about it!
- It has favors of fruits like apples, peaches, apricot, and honey. The fragrance is also very soothing. You will not feel sluggish after having this wine.
- Best paired with sweet brunch dishes like sweet crepes, french toast, pancakes and also go with spicy appetizers.
“Love ! A must try. Very drinkable” User Review
(3.9 / 5)
Price: $ 12.99
- This is a fruity wine, with a blend of 95% grollaeu and 5% cabernet franc.
- It has an alcohol content of 10.5%.
- It is loaded with flavors of sweet cherries and rose petals.
- It is an off-dry wine slightly sweet in taste with a brisk acidity which gives the wine a fresh taste. You will love this wine!
- Best paired with strawberries, sweet crepes, and exotic and spicy dishes. You can sip it solo too.
“Ever so slightly sweet, it makes a delightful party wine… Vin du Bugey-Cerdon is an unusual non-vintage sparkling red wine” -Drizly
(3.8 / 5)
- This wine is made with a unique technique known as méthode ancestrale. In this method, the wine is fermented primarily first, which means the fermentation is halted at a particular stage and then bottled before all the sugar residue gets converted into alcohol. Then the secondary fermentation happens in the bottle itself.
- It has an alcohol content of 8%.
- This sparkling red is a combination of blend of 80% Gamay with 20% Poulsard (a local grape).
- This unique method gives it a very refreshing fruity taste and a touch of rose.
- Its sweetness is balanced with its tangy acidity. It is a good party wine.
- Best paired with hamburger barbecue, raspberries, fruit desserts, cookies and cheese.
“Awesome moscato with peach and flora notes. The slight fizz adds to this wine’s character and complexity of tastes. I honestly can not get enough of this one and it makes for a wonderful summer or picnic beverage. – User Review.”
(4.1 / 5)
Price: $ 19.99
- This wine has tones of white peaches, flowers, orchard fruits, and Moscato.
- It has an alcohol content of 12.7%.
- Moscatos are famous for their aromatic and captivating flavors. All these ingredients give it a soft mousse and fruit-like taste. It resets your taste buds and prepares them to enjoy your food fully.
- Best paired with appetizers, prosciutto-wrapped melons, and fruit skewers.
“Among top 2% of all wines in the world” -Vivino Highlight
(4.1 / 5)
- This wine is golden yellow in appearance with a dried fruit-like aroma.
- This is a rich wine that gives a rounded feel to your palate. It is a blend of 45% Chardonnay, 40% Pinot Noir, 15% Pinot Meunier.
- It has an alcohol content of 12%.
- Demi-Sec receives 40 grams of sugar per liter dissolved in wine from the same cuvée. This level results in a pleasantly sweet without being cloying.
- Best paired with pork, fish, mild and soft cheese, desserts like pastries.
Wines are alcoholic beverages, so it can be a daunting task to find a perfect wine that doesn’t burn your throat and still satisfies your palate. There are so many types of wine available in the market, and it is next to impossible to try every wine and then find your perfect match. But we have done that work for you so that you can enjoy the wines that are refreshing to your palate and now you know which ones you need to try out!! Let us know which one you loved the most??
Learn the proper way to hold your glass of wine.