Australia is one of the world’s powers when it comes to wine. Australia’s wine industry is the most advanced, and the success and popularity of Australian wines around the world is the envy of wine producers across the globe. Chardonnay is one of the white wines that is being produced in Australia and is very popular amongst wine lovers. Keeping that in mind our wine experts have picked the best wines from Australia for you to sip. We will also discuss the regions of Australia where these amazing wines are produced later in the article.
Top 6 Australian Chardonnay
Now, Here is the list of the best Australian Chardonnays that are recommended by our wine experts that you must try out for once.
- Price: $40
- ABV: 13%
- Region: Yarra Valley, Australia
- Aromas: It has a very fresh aroma of sweetness with a whiff of poached pears.
- Tasting Notes: It has a full-filling palate that will give you a deep and rich experience. Apart from the mouth-watering freshness, it will also give you notes of fruity flavors stony minerality with a touch of salinity. It comes with a sweet mid-palate and a long finish. It is definitely a must-try!
- Food Pairings: It goes well with Polenta, chicken especially baked chicken, fried chicken, grilled chicken, or chicken with a cream sauce and grilled and roasted salmon.
- Price: $58.99
- ABV: 12.6%
- Region: Hunter Valley, Australia
- Tasting Notes: It has delicious notes of rich cream, toast, vanilla, gooseberry, quince, lime juice, and green gauge. It is perfectly pitched with sulfidic reduction and hints of preaches and rockmelon pour from behind on your palate. In this wine, you will find a well-balanced wine in terms of zing and grip. It has a tangy finish and is indeed a world-class wine.
- Food Pairings: It goes well with seafood with butter and brown-butter sauces, sage-butter chicken, and halibut.
- Price: $61.74
- ABV: 13.5%
- Region: Margaret River/ Western Australia/ South West Australia
- Aromas: The nose shows fruity notes, which passing time fades to give a more flinty aroma.
- Tasting Notes: It is a beautiful Chardonnay. The palate carries delicious flavors of butter, pear, croissant, citrus, and ripe red apples. It has some saline characters with a medium length, which shows some acidity to make it lighter and refined.
- Food Pairings: It goes well with cream soups, pasta, and pasta salads, especially with creamy sauces and veal.
- Price: $79.95
- ABV: 14%
- Region: Australia / Western Australia / South West Australia / Margaret River
- Aromas: It offers medium-intensity aromas of yellow apples, oak, zest, citrus, steel, and sourdough.
- Tasting Notes: It has a smooth palate experience with flavors of pear, peach, lemon, citrus, apple, oak, and vanilla. It is a medium-bodied and semi-dry style white wine with a medium level of acidity towards the end.
- Food Pairings: It goes well with camembert cheese, oyster and hoisin sauce, and risotto.
- Price: $47.49
- ABV: 12.5%
- Region: Australia / Tasmania / Coal River Valley
- Aromas: It has an aromatic nose of ripe nectarine, white peach, caramelized pineapple, and lemon zest.
- Tasting Notes: It comes with flavors of lemon, citrus, grapefruit, oak, butter vanilla, peach, stone fruit, toast, and minerals. It also has some faint hints of earthy notes, nutty, hazelnut, and yeast. It is also a dry-style white wine that falls on the acidic side of the chart.
- Food Pairings: Tarragon, corn, avocado, ginger, and squash.
- Price: $84.99
- ABV: 13.5%
- Region: Beechworth
- Aromas: It has aromas of lemon juice, white peach, pear, grapefruit, guava, and granny smith.
- Tasting Notes: It has a pale lemon-yellow appearance. It offers your palate freshness and flavors of white peach with signature flint characters. You will enjoy a very impressive flavor intensity and lingering finish. It is a completely dry style, with high acidity levels with a medium body and long finish wine.
- Food Pairings: Chicken, fish, turkey, some veal dishes, mushrooms, and pasta with light cream-based sauces.
Australian Regions that produce Chardonnays
Australia is the sixth wine country in the world. The country is diverse in terms of climate. This diversity is the reason behind the fact that only a tiny part of the country is appropriate for wine production. These wine regions of Australia can be narrowed down to coastal stroke in the South.
Some wine regions are on the coast and are appropriate for Pinot Noir and, most importantly, Chardonnay. Other areas are suited for growing grapes, such as Shiraz. There are two very popular wine regions with the names Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley, and they both have these different characteristics. Adelaide Hills receives heavy rain during the year and produces elegant and structured wines like Riesling, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay. Barossa Valley is located more inland and is famous for producing all the full-bodied red wines.
These are the regions in Australia where wines are being produced;
- Mornington Peninsula Victoria, which is famous for producing Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
- Yarra Valley Wine Region is famous for producing Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Shiraz.
- Margaret River Wine Region is famous for producing Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, blends of Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc, and Shiraz.
- Adelaide Hills Wine Region is known for producing Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay.
- McLaren Vale Wine Region mainly produced Riesling, even Sauvignon Blanc, and Chardonnay.
- Hunter Valley Wine Region is suitable for producing Chardonnay and Chardonnay Semillon blends.
- Clare Valley Wine Region produces high-class Riesling, Chardonnay, Shiraz, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Coonawarra Wine Region produces some outstanding Chardonnays.
- Barossa wine region is known for its amazing Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
Chardonnay can be crafted in many styles, from sweet to still dry and sparkling. It goes through a fermentation process similar to the red wines and may be called the red wine of the white wine world. In this guide, we have tried to pick you the best ones out of all the Australian Chardonnays are available in the market; we are sure that you are going to love this bottle of happiness. Keep drinking!!