Vino is no longer regarded as a stuffy, uptight alcohol saved only for the snooty. Thanks to some inventive winos, there’s been some seriously exciting twists on our classic favorites for us to sip and try.
So far, we’ve seen the suspicious but intriguing blue wine hit the scene and we’ve been cooling off with refreshing, adult wine slushies all summer long. Last month though, we saw the release of arguably the best thing to happen to our favorite drink since boxed wine: rosé gummy bears.
About Rosé Gummy Bears
Um, YES PLEASE!
As can be expected, these delicate little gummies from the high-end candy boutique, Sugarfina, instantly went viral. With every female with an internet connection clamoring to get their hands on a box (or, let’s be honest, several), it’s no surprise that the site sold out within a matter of hours.
So what’s the scoop? Where and when can we buy them? Do they taste good? And, more importantly, will they get me drunk?
- These pretty pink little gummies come in both bear and rose shapes.
- They’re infused with Whispering Angel Rosé and taste as boozy as can be. Don’t be misled though.
- While they taste better than that $10 bottle you’ve been sipping all night, they won’t give you the same buzz.
- The alcohol in the rosé burns off during the cooking process, rendering them as tame as a dry bachelorette party.
- But, while they won’t get you drunk, these beautiful little candies make the perfect hostess gift and a tasty addition to girls’ night.
If you’re dying to try every wino’s latest obsession, you can join the waitlist or settle for box of champagne gummies. Half of the box of Don Pérignon-infused gummies are made with rosé so you’re pretty much getting two flavors in one with the added bonus of jumping ahead of line.
You can also try DIYing your own if you’re feeling extra crafty.
Rosé Gummies Recipe
- 1 cup rosé
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- Candy molds
- In a small saucepan, bring rosé to a simmer over low heat.
- One tablespoon at a time, slowly add the gelatin and mix to dissolve.
- Once it’s been incorporated, add in your sugar then pour into your molds.
- Practice your patience and allow it to set for two hours or more.
- Keep refrigerated.
There you have it, ladies! Get your nostalgia on and order or whip up some vino gummies so you can rosé all day!
What's Your Reaction?
Praesent elementum facilisis leo vel fringilla est ullamcorper eget. In hac habitasse platea dictumst quisque sagittis purus sit. Massa tempor nec feugiat nisl. Metus vulputate eu scelerisque felis imperdiet proin fermentum leo vel. Consectetur adipiscing elit duis tristique sollicitudin. Sagittis orci a scelerisque purus semper eget. Nisl nisi scelerisque eu ultrices. Enim sit amet venenatis urna cursus.