The Top Vineyards in Tuscany to Stay at For an Unforgettable Tuscan Experience
Tuscany, one of the best wine regions of Italy, is known for its iconic scenic vineyards, which are located in central Italy along the Tyrrhenian coast. Tuscany has the scenic beauty of seacoast and hills around, making it suitable for the perfect vacation we dream of. The cherry on the top would be to have some excellent wine in its beautiful vineyards.
Tuscany is the home of some of Italy’s best wine regions and vineyards, and ranks as one of the most well-known wine regions in the world. There are a variety of excellent vineyards that call Tuscany their home, from those that produce quality white wines to those with a focus on full-bodied reds. This list includes some of the best vineyards in Tuscany to stay during your visit.
What makes Tuscany one of the best wine-producing regions in the world?
Tuscany has been Italy’s ancient wine-producing area since the 8th century BC. Tuscany has seven coastal islands. To the west, it is bordered by the Tyrrhenian Sea, which gives the place a warm Mediterranean climate, and over 68% of the terrain is hilly. The hills have a tempering effect on the summertime heat, which helps the vineyard produce lovely wines.
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano are made with Sangiovese grapes. They perform better when they receive more direct sunlight, which benefits the many hillside vineyards. Higher elevation also increases the diurnal temperature variation, which further helps the grapes maintain their balance of sugar and acidity and their aromatic quality.
The Chianti is the most famous wine of Tuscany. It’s produced in the Chianti Classico area, which includes the provinces of Florence, Arezzo, Siena, and Pistoia. The wines are characterized by dark colors with a distinctive acidity that is good for aging. The DOCG regulations only puts limitations on the grapes that can be used for this wine (in addition to requiring a minimum alcohol content).
Best Vineyard Of Tuscany To Stay
If you’re planning a trip to Tuscany, then you need to know which are the best vineyards in the region. Check out this list of the top ten vineyards & winery hotels in Tuscany .
1. Villa Bordoni
It is a patrician villa and the former country residence of the Bordonis. It’s origin dates back to the 11th century. The villa was later renovated into a hotel and winery. It now has its own beautiful vineyard.
- It has a wine cellar, which offers a stable temperature range of 16-18 degrees throughout the year.
- The restaurant offers the a variety of original Tuscan flavor wines. The intimate fireplace completes the experience.
- It has a wine bar that serves the very best of the Conca d’Oro wines.
- A variety of rooms are available like Cappella standard double, Limonaia Garden Double, Junior Suite, Deluxe Double, Mezzuola Classic Double, Montefioralle, Colognole Suite, Family Suite.
- Complimentary breakfast, pool facilities, etc.
Cost of Stay
Prices may vary from season to season. So better to contact the villa directly.
2. Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica and Spa
It is an ideal romantic hotel in Radda in Chianti. The nearby landmarks are Volapaia (2.2 mi) and Pornanino (2.7 mi)
- Rooftop terrace with a beautiful scenic view of hills around.
- The beautiful poolside is where you can enjoy your complimentary breakfast.
- It has a private wine bar with exclusive Tuscan wine varieties.
- They have a variety of activities from cooking classes, tasting of the best wine brands of the Chianti area to a luxurious private dinner organized just for you.
- There is free parking, free high-speed internet, a fitness center, pet-friendly, babysitting, etc.
- Rooms have air conditioning, a private balcony, mini-bar, refrigerator, housekeeping, etc.
- They have their own Chinate Goat Farm.
Cost of Stay
Prices are in the range of 120-130 Euros, and you can also get some discount if you book in advance.
3. Borgo Scopeto Relais
It is a hidden gem in the Tuscan hills of Chianti. An enchanting driveway of cypresses leads to the location. It is an enclosed oasis in the medieval hamlet in a breathtaking panorama of lush vineyards and olives groves.
- The hotel has 55 luxurious rooms with a warm and welcoming environment. Each room has its particular characteristics that define its personality.
- They offer their guests numerous activities like wine tastings, cooking classes, farming experiences, yoga retreat, or simply exploring the Tuscan landscape.
- They serve a welcome drink on arrival with a glass of Borgo Scopeto Wine.
- They have a beautiful pool and spa facility for recreation.
Cost of Stay
Prices may vary in the range of 290 to 240 Euros. This depends on the type of room and the number of days you stay.
4. Borgo di Vescine- Relais del Chinati
It is an enchanting medieval village located in the heart of Chinati Classico, perched on a hill that offers magnificent glimpses of the valley and vast vineyards. It is now a UNESCO World Heritage site among the vineyards and centuries-old olive groves guarded by dry stone walls.
- The rooms are unique, finely furnished, and equipped with independent external terraces and patios.
- The hotel is surrounded by vineyards, olive groves, and hectares of woods that offer the possibility of finding enchanting private corners.
- They offer free parking, pool facility, walking tours, car for hire, high-speed internet connection, complimentary breakfast, etc.
Cost of Stay
Prices range between 150-170 Euros.
5. Castel Monastero
It is a masterpiece of art and has the highest culinary tradition. It was a monastery in the 11th century surrounded by the hills near Siena. Later it was turned into a castle and finally into a tourist hotel.
- All the rooms are luxurious having the charm, colors, and style of Tuscany.
- They have activities like Wine tours and tastings, Horse back riding, Truffle hunting, Helicopter tour, Hot air ballooning, Ferrari drive test/rental, Vespa tour, Harvest experience and more.
- It has its own Slimming, Detox, and anti-age treatments.
- Tea room and spa facilities are available.
- It is also known for being a destination wedding venue.
- Free parking space, Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, etc available for its guests.
Cost of Stay
Prices may range between 250-280 Euros. There are additional charges for events.
6. L’andana Tenuta la Badiola
It is a family friendly hotel in Castiglione Della Pescaia.
- All the room the fitted with best quality equipment which gives it a luxurious feel.
- You can enjoy a glass of top Tuscan wine with breakfast along the beautiful poolside.
- They offer a unique Bike & Wine tour in Maremma amongst the countryside alongside the massive Mediterranean in southern Tuscany.
- Free parking space, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, restaurant facilities, fitness center and many more facilities are available.
Cost of Stay
Prices may range between 350- 400 Euros.
Best Time To Visit Tuscany
The best time to enjoy the scenic beauty of Tuscany is during mid to late spring (April to May) and early autumn (September to October). During this period, the weather conditions are vibrant and pleasant, with temperatures around 17 to 23 degrees centigrade in spring and 20-26 degrees centigrade in autumn. During autumn, the harvest is in its full swing. The hills turn into lovely shades of gold, and the entire area is full of life. Having said that, the weather in Tuscany is milder than other parts of Italy which means that visitors can explore the land during any time of year they want to visit.
We hope most of your queries regarding Tuscany would be answered by now, and the only thing left would be to book your tickets for your next vacation to enjoy the scenic beauty and enjoy your glass of Tuscan wine.
What's Your Reaction?
Praesent elementum facilisis leo vel fringilla est ullamcorper eget. In hac habitasse platea dictumst quisque sagittis purus sit. Massa tempor nec feugiat nisl. Metus vulputate eu scelerisque felis imperdiet proin fermentum leo vel. Consectetur adipiscing elit duis tristique sollicitudin. Sagittis orci a scelerisque purus semper eget. Nisl nisi scelerisque eu ultrices. Enim sit amet venenatis urna cursus.