We have all been there. You buy a fantastic bottle of wine, you get home, and you cannot wait to drink it yet you have overlooked something incredibly important – a wine opener. At this point, you take to the internet to try and figure out how to open it without the proper wine opener and spend the next hour using whatever you can find to try and open your wine bottle.
By the end, when you finally manage, drinking this great wine bottle you purchase just does not feel nearly as satisfying. So without further ado, here’s our list of the best wine openers of 2021!
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 17 hours of research:Table could not be displayed.
The 10 Best Wine Openers of 2021 – Overview
Here are the top 5 picks (keep scrolling for picks 6-10).
1. Oster Cordless Electric Wine Opener
The Oster Cordless Electric Wine Opener is an electric wine opener that frees you from having to exert any force in the wine opening process. It is also a cord-free electric wine opener, meaning you do not have to rely on an electrical outlet, and can open as many as 30 bottles before you need to recharge it.
It features an ergonomic handle and a requisite foil cutter to take care of the seals in your wine bottles. You can recharge it using the charging base with 110 to 120 volts. This is a very cost-effective product, and its only downside is that if something is wrong with your unit, customer service can be disappointing.
Features of the Oster Cordless Electric Wine Opener:
- It is the best electric wine opener
- It is an electric model designed to make uncorking your wine as effortless as possible
- You can open up to 30 bottles before you need to recharge
- It features cord-free convenience and no need to rely on an electrical outlet
- It features a requisite foil cutter in place so you can make light work of the seals on your wine bottles without needing to grab a separate tool
- The handle is designed for a snug grip
- It features the highest ease of use
- It is rechargeable with 110 to 120 volts
- You can remove the physical effort from uncorking your wine bottles
- It is a cost-effective electrical model
- The customer service is disappointing
2. Secura Electric Wine Opener
- Rechargeable Electric Wine Bottle Opener - Easily remove corks in seconds. Compatible with most wine bottle sizes. Open up to 30 bottles on a single charge.
The Secura Electric Wine Opener is another electric wine opener that is made of colored LEDs at the bottom as well as stainless steel on the rest. This electric corkscrew is a small and compact unit that only requires you to put it over the top of the bottle, push a button, and your wine is ready to pour. You can charge this electric wine bottle opener with 110 volts and 240 volts. The only issue you might run into with this bottle opener is that you might sometimes find it underpowered.
Features of the Secura Electric Wine Opener:
- It is a solid option if you are looking for an electrical bottle opening solution
- The bottle opener itself contains colored LEDs at the bottom
- The remainder is finished in sleek stainless steel
- The whole unit is small enough that it will not eat up too much space on your kitchen drawer
- You pop your wine bottle onto the top, push a button, and pour
- The charging base is compatible with both 110 volts and 240 volts
- There are a few complaints about this corkscrew being underpowered
3. Pulltap’s Double-Hinged Waiter’s Corkscrew
- Pulltap's Double-Hinged Waiters Corkscrew, Black and Stainless Steel
The Pulltap’s Double-Hinged Waiter’s Corkscrew is the best corkscrew option for those on a tight budget. It comes with a great choice of colors other than standard silver. This wine key is a non-electrical option with a sturdy handle that allows you to grip it strongly and comfortably and a Teflon-coated worm that allows for better leverage.
Since it is a non-electrical option, it does not need to be near electricity in order to work, but it also does require the physical effort of opening the bottle yourself. However, this corkscrew’s simplicity allows it to be much more portable, so you can take it with you wherever you want much easier than other wine openers.
Features of the Pulltap’s Double-Hinged Waiter’s Corkscrew:
- It features a low price tag
- You get a great choice of colors if the standard-issue silver does not appeal
- The handle allows you to get a firm grip with no chance of slippage or spillage
- The worm is treated with Teflon so you get even greater leverage
- You will not need to be near a source of electricity
- You can easily take this corkscrew with you on holiday
- You need to physically pull out the cork stopper so it is not ideal for everyone
4. HiCoup Waiter’s Corkscrew
- Perfect for wine aficionados, this wine opener is a sommelier-inspired, high-quality 3-in-1 waiters key. The easy-to-use wine bottle opener tastefully combines the features of a wine corkscrew, a...
The HiCoup Waiter’s Corkscrew is a very enduring stainless steel corkscrew that works with both natural and synthetic corks, allowing you to open any kind of wine. This product’s fulcrum is double-hinged which gives you some extra purchase, and it features a comfortable wooden handle as well as a separate foil cutter.
This corkscrew comes equipped with a lifetime guarantee and if it is defective, you are allowed to call for a refund or replacement anytime. Be aware, however, that some customers have reported that customer care can sometimes be unresponsive.
Features of the HiCoup Waiter’s Corkscrew:
- The simplicity of the design is its enduring feature
- The worm will work confidently with both natural and synthetic corks
- The fulcrum is double-hinged giving you some precious extra purchase
- The wooden handle allows for a comfortable grip
- There is a separate foil cutter onboard
- There is a lifetime guarantee
- You can call in for a refund or a replacement at any time
- The 420 stainless steel built to last a lifetime
- There are some gripes about unresponsive customer care
5. Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener
- Features a European inspired curved design that stands vertically without the need for a separate base
The Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener is another electric model that is able to stand upright without the need for a base. You can choose to purchase it in black, red, or silver. This model is able to get through a whopping 40 bottles in one go before it needs recharging.
Another interesting feature of this product is that the shell is see-through, which allows you to see the process of uncorking. There is also a muted blue LED that tells you if the wine opener is in use or charging. The only downside to this system is that both the build quality and the lifespan of this product are kind of questionable.
Features of the Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener:
- It can stand upright with no need for a base
- You can open as many as 40 bottles in one session before needing to recharge
- The shell is see-through
- This lets you monitor the progress of uncorking
- A muted blue LED shows when the unit is in use and when it is charging
- You should leave it to charge overnight
- You can choose from black, red, or silver
- The build quality and lifespan are questionable
6. Brookstone Compact Wine Opener
The Brookstone Compact Wine Opener is a non-electric wine opener that is space-saving and features the traditional lever design, albeit slightly longer than other similar models on the market, which can help with tough and longer corks. This wine opener also functions with both synthetic and natural corks alike, with a comfortable handle that allows for a comfortable grip. Unfortunately, however, users have noted that the build quality on this model can be quite disappointing.
Features of the Brookstone Compact Wine Opener:
- It is a space-saving manual model
- It features a traditional lever design (it is the best lever wine opener)
- It is slightly longer than normal which help with tough or longer corks
- The handgrip is comfortable enough to grab
- The worm can deal with both synthetic and natural corks with equal ease
- The build quality is disappointing
7. Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer
- Uncorks up to 80 bottles on one charge, recharges quickly. Cord length : 36 Inches
The Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer is a great tool for those with more demands than a simple bottle opener, as it is a multipurpose appliance that also incorporates a bottle opener. You can use this product in a commercial setting or at home (which is actually the manufacturer’s intention) since it can take care of up to an absolutely incredible amount of bottles – 80 – before you ever need to recharge it.
When you purchase this product, you will get a charging base, a foil cutter, and a stainless steel and BPA-free plastic bottle opener with a rubberized handle. While the manufacturer makes high claims about its product’s capacity, it seems that this model has some trouble dealing with natural corks, and might not last as long as advertised.
Features of the Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer:
- It is a multipurpose appliance that incorporates a bottle opener
- It features high functionality
- You can use it in a commercial setting
- You could power through up to 80 bottles in a single charge
- Mainly intended for home
- You get a complete package with the charging base, bottle opener, and foil cutter
- You can remove the cork without putting in any undue effort
- There is a rubberized handle
- The expanse of stainless steel is offset by BPA-free plastic
- This unit does not cope well with natural corks
- There are a few issues with longevity
8. Le Creuset Waiter’s Friend
- Patented two-step design
The Le Creuset Waiter’s Friend is a great choice for anyone who wants the best of both worlds with this patented two-step design – to not have the restrictions of an electric bottle opener and to not have the effort involved with a manual alternative.
You get a great build, great brand heritage, a great 10-year warranty, and the choice of multiple color schemes. The manufacturer claims you should be able to use this product for a lifetime, however, some users have reported this not to be true.
Features of the Le Creuset Waiter’s Friend:
- You get a patented two-step design
- You can choose from multiple attractive color schemes
- The build is enviable and you should expect a lifetime of use from this corkscrew
- You will get a 10-year warranty
- You also get impeccable brand heritage
- There is some negative feedback about durability
9. Monopol Westmark Two-Prong Wine Cork Puller
- MADE IN GERMANY HIGH QUALITY KITCHENWARE: Westmark’s Cork Puller is among the best in the world and is rated to be one of the best kitchenware brands available today.
The Monopol Westmark Two-Prong Wine Cork Puller is a very simple corkscrew that should last you a lifetime. You can use it not only to pull the cork out but also to poke it back in. This corkscrew features a 5-year warranty. Unfortunately, you might run into some issues with rusting according to some users.
Features of the Monopol Westmark Two-Prong Wine Cork Puller:
- It is a no-nonsense and back-to-basics corkscrew
- The die-cast construction should lead to a lifetime of use
- Look after this corkscrew and keep it clean with just soap and water
- There is a 5-year warranty
- You can also use this two-prong puller to poke your cork back into the bottle
- There are a few issues with rust according to a handful of disgruntled users
10. IPOW Wing Corkscrew
- Durable High Quality and Easy to Open: Our polished finished corkscrew is made by premium zinc alloy, which ensures longer durability and stronger corrosion resistance. The lever principle applied...
The IPOW Wing Corkscrew is a budget-friendly option that needs a bit more care when using it to make sure it lasts. It features an ergonomic grip as well as zinc alloy that removes the chance for rust. While this corkscrew is still a decent option for those on a budget, it is still a very fragile product, but it has been reported that the customer service can be quite helpful and responsive if you run into any issues.
Features of the IPOW Wing Corkscrew:
- Comes in at a budget price point
- We would advise exercising care when you are using it and looking after it
- The zinc alloy build means there is no chance rust will set in and spoil your corkscrew
- The ergonomic grip gives you a nice and snug grasp
- The customer service is helpful and responsive
- This corkscrew is quite fragile even if looks rugged at first glance
Our Winner:Table could not be displayed.
The Oster Cordless Electric Wine Opener is without a doubt our favorite on this comprehensive list. It is a high-quality electrical model that removes the physical effort of cork removal and makes it a much smoother process. It can get through 30 bottles before you ever need to recharge it.
Despite all this, it is still quite a cost-effective model, making it affordable and available to most households. It features both cord-free convenience, a comfortable hangle, and a sharp foil cutter to get rid of the seals. The charging station works with most electrical outlets. If you are looking for an easy, convenient, and budget-friendly way of opening your favorite bottles of wine, then the Oster Cordless Electric Bottle Opener is for you!
Bonus tip: Check out this video on how to correctly open a wine bottle!