Not every wine enthusiast has a wine cellar. At the same time, you want to be able to get home at the end of the day and enjoy a bottle of your favorite wine, regardless of the size of your collection. This is where small wine coolers come in.
They allow for a bit more practicality than regular size wine fridges and let you place them under your desk, by your couch, anywhere where you might want to have ready access to your favorite bottle of red wine. This is why this list is here, with review-based rankings and direct Amazon links to products, to help you find the best wine coolers (or the best wine fridges) for your home.
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 17 hours of research:
The 10 Best Small Wine Coolers of 2021 – Overview
Here are the top 5 picks (keep scrolling for picks 6-10).
1. Nutrichef PKCWC120 Refrigerator
- PERFECT WINE STORAGE: With its 12 bottle storage capacity, this wine cooler unit is perfect for chilling and storing 12 bottles of red or white wine. Equipped with an accurate precision compressor...
The Nutrichef PKCWC120 Refrigerator features a capacity to hold 12 bottles of wine. It also comes with precision compressor cooling technology, adjustable temperature control (from 41 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit), integrated LED lights, a built-in circulation fan, a ventilation grill, a child safety auto-lock, a reinforced glass door, and an airtight seal.
It is a very quiet, very affordable wine refrigerator that comes with a 1-year quality of complete satisfaction. Some users reported that the machine can break at times and customer support can be unhelpful, but even with these reviews, this Nutrichef product is still the best in the market.
Features of the Nutrichef PKCWC120 Refrigerator:
- It features a 12-bottle capacity
- It features a great price point
- It is equipped with precision compressor cooling technology with adjustable temperature control
- It comes with integrated LED lights and a built-in circulation fan and a ventilation grill
- It features a reinforced glass door and an airtight seal
- There is a 1-year quality of complete satisfaction
- There is an adjustable temperature setting between 41 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit (5 to 18°C)
- There is a child safety auto-lock
- It features ultra-quiet operation
- It is inexpensive and offers great values
- Some users reported that the model did not always work properly
- The customer support could be bad at times
2. Ivation 12 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- TEMPERATURE STABILITY - Ivation wine coolers’ compressor technology ensures temperature is not affected by outside heat sources, and reaches temperatures low enough to house sparkling white wines...
The Ivation 12 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator is another 12-bottle wine cooler that comes with advanced compressor technology. It features a temperature range of 41 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit, a strong built-in fan, a double-paned UV-resistant thermopane glass door, soft interior lighting with energy-efficient LED light, touchpad controls, an LCD display, and removable racks. It will likely not be useful for use with non-standard bottles. Unfortunately, there have also been some cases where the fridge had broken down within two years of use.
Features of the Ivation 12 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator:
- It comes with advanced compressor technology
- It is a 12-bottle wine refrigerator
- It is able to sustain 41 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit (5 to 18°C)
- The built-in fan is capable of circulating air throughout the unit
- There is a double-paned UV-resistant thermopane glass door
- It features soft interior lighting with energy-efficient LED light
- The chiller includes removable racks and touch-controls as well as an LCD display
- Some non-standard bottles, like sparkling wine, might not fit in the cooler
- There have been cases where the fridge broke down within 2 years of usage
3. Teaswa 20-liter Compact Cooler
The Teaswa 20-liter Compact Cooler, as the name suggests, is able to fit 20 liters of wine inside of it. It is both a cooler and a warmer, featuring a temperature range of 20 to 65 degrees Celsius. It also features an LCD display, an intuitive control scheme, and both AC and DC power adapters.
It is a quiet, energy-efficient fridge that comes with a 1-year limited warranty. There are a few issues you might run into with this system – it might not get as cold as you need it to (it only gets down to 68 degrees Fahrenheit), and the build quality might not last you as long as advertised.
Features of the Teaswa 20-liter Compact Cooler:
- It is pretty spacious at a 20-liter capacity
- As a dual-purpose cooler and warmer from 20 up to 65 degrees Celsius
- It features an LCD display and an intuitive control scheme
- It is equipped with both AC and DC power adapters, meaning it can operate by plugging in either a 12V DC cigarette adaptor in a car or 110V AC indoor
- It is a quiet model
- It is very energy-efficient
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty at no additional cost
- It does not get cold enough in some cases
- It features a less than desirable build quality
4. Antarctic Star 1.6 Cu. Ft. Wine Cooler
- KEEP WINE COOL: Heat is enemy number one for wine. The Wine Cooler enables you to store your wine in optimal conditions for long-term aging. Working temperature range is 40°F- 61°F, and allows you...
The Antarctic Star 1.6 Cu. Ft. Wine Cooler is a tiny unit that is ideal if you are looking for a more portable wine fridge or simply lack the space for a bigger one in your home. It produces little to no noise and is able to reach a temperature range of 40 to 61 degrees Fahrenheit.
It also features a reinforced glass door, an airtight seal, and soft LED lighting. This Antarctic Star product is backed by a 1-year warranty of complete satisfaction. Unfortunately, however, there is no thermometer included helping you track the inside temperature in this wine fridge. Also, standard-sized bottles might not fit properly.
Features of the Antarctic Star 1.6 Cu. Ft. Wine Cooler:
- You can set the temperature between 40 to 61 degrees Fahrenheit
- The model comes equipped with a reinforced glass door with an airtight seal
- It includes soft LED lighting
- At 1.6 cubic feet, the mini wine cooler can stash away any sort of drink
- It also features horizontal racks to store your bottles efficiently and safely
- It produces little to no noise
- It is backed by a 1-year warranty of complete satisfaction
- It features hassle-free customer support
- There is no thermometer to track the temperature
- Standard-sized 750ml Bordeaux wine bottles do not fit properly
5. Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Cooler
- ★SMALL COOLER WITH GREAT STORAGE: This mini wine fridge holds up to 30 bottles of your favorite wine in different size, and is only affected when having larger bottle, like Pinot or Champagne. It's...
The Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Cooler is a much bigger wine cooler than others on this list, with the ability to fit up to 30 bottles of wine. There is an added feature common with larger wine fridges – a temperature memory function that restores the machine to the previous temperature after a sudden power loss.
This is a single-zone cooler with a temperature range of 40 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit, and it features a double-layered tempered glass door, a stainless steel frame, and a customizable design due to the removable shelving. You can also install it under the counter or as a freestanding wine cooler. Unfortunately, however, there have been certain faulty models that have surfaced recently.
Features of the Kalamera 15 Inch Wine Cooler:
- It packs a much bigger capacity of 30 bottles
- The cooler features a temperature memory function that will kick in and restore the previous temperature after a sudden power loss
- This single-zone mini wine cooler includes one-touch controls
- It ranges from 40 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit
- It features a double-layered tempered glass door as well as a stainless steel frame
- It can be installed under a counter or used as a free-standing unit
- There is a customizable design thanks to the removable shelves
- Despite the premium price tag, faulty models have surfaced recently
6. Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler
- Advanced compressor cooling and air circulation system: Higher energy efficiency, lower noise.
The Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler is another larger wine cooler, with the capacity to withstand up to 46 bottles of wine. It features a state-of-the-art compressor, an air duct system, 5 removable shelves, and a front vent with a kick plate design.
This is a dual-zone design (two different temperature zones) for your red and white wines with a temperature range of 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit on one side and 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit on the other. It is a very quiet and efficient dual zone wine cooler; however, there have been reports of them having problems running after only two weeks.
Features of the Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler:
- This is a 46-bottle wine fridge
- It packs a state-of-the-art compressor and an air duct system
- It runs quietly as a stone
- It is a dual-zone wine cooler for different types of wine
- Different temperatures range from 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit and from 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit
- It comes with 5 removable and adjustable shelves
- It features a front vent with a kick plate design
- It features high performance
- Some users reported their units stopped working after just 2 weeks
7. Colzer Upgrade 15 Inch Wine Cooler
- 🍷【 For Long-term Aging or Quickly Drinking】Based on the temperature and humidity of the original wine cellar design, our wine cooler design with wide temperature adjustable range (41-72°F) and...
The Colzer Upgrade 15 Inch Wine Cooler features precise temperature and humidity controls, an updated compressor, a one-of-a-kind vibration absorption system, a temperature memory function, removable shelves, and an 8-to-10-year service life. It is able to fit a sizeable amount of 30 bottles of wine. The only downside to this bigger-than-average system is its lack of portability and the fact that it can be loud at times, more so than other similar products on the market.
Features of the Colzer Upgrade 15 Inch Wine Cooler:
- It features precise temperature and humidity controls
- These settings will remain stable and not jump randomly
- It can stock up to 30 standard-sized wine bottles on its removable shelves
- The spacing between each shelf is more than 3.5 inches
- It features an updated compressor and one-of-a-kind vibration absorption system
- It also includes a temperature memory function
- It features an 8-to-10-year service life
- For a wine cooler of this size, it is loud at times
8. Bodega 15” Wine Cooler
- 🍹【31 Wine Bottles】BODEGA wine cooler 15 inches, give your wine a comfortable home, which can hold up to 31 standard size (750 ml) wine bottles. Designed with a special shelf for large wine...
The Bodega 15” Wine Cooler can hold up to 31 bottles. It is another fairly big option on this list. You can use this product for both short and long-term wine storage, and it features a temperature range of 41 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
When you purchase this system, you will also get advanced compressor cooling technology, vibration reduction gear, an LCD temperature display along with intuitive touch controls, an anti-UV function, and double-layered tempered glass. You can install this product under the counter or as a freestanding wine refrigerator. The only issue you might run into with this system is that it can be quite loud at times.
Features of the Bodega 15” Wine Cooler:
- It can hold up to 31 standard-sized wine bottles despite its size
- It is suitable for both short- and long-term storage
- You can choose to set this cooler to stay between 41 and 68 degrees Fahrenheit
- It features the addition of advanced compressor cooling technology and vibration reduction gear
- The fridge also features an LCD temperature display along with intuitive touch controls
- It can be installed under the kitchen counter or used as a freestanding refrigerator
- It features an anti-UV function and double-layered tempered glass
- Some users reported that their units were either more noisy than normal
9. Whynter WC-201TD Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- Measures: 20.5" Long x 15.79" Wide x 22" High
The Whynter WC-201TD Thermoelectric Wine Cooler is able to fit up to 20 standard-sized wine bottles. Its features are thermoelectric cooling, vibration-free operation, a stainless steel shell and black tinted mirror glass door, and an LCD display along with a soft-touch digital control panel. There are some downsides to this system – the racks are quite close to each other, meaning you might rip up your wine labels by mistake, and there are some reports of this fridge leaking and the display being 10 degrees off.
Features of the Whynter WC-201TD Thermoelectric Wine Cooler:
- It features a capacity of 20 standard-sized wine bottles with minimal moving parts
- It comes with thermoelectric cooling, offering vibration-free operation
- It packs a sleek and stylish design with a stainless steel shell and black tinted mirror glass door
- It includes an LCD display along with a soft-touch digital control panel
- The racks are a tight fit, so it is easy to tear up wine labels and it will not fit larger bottles
- There were reports where the unit leaked water and was 10 degrees off
10. Ivation 8-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- WINE COOLER (wine Cellar / Wine Chiller) A MUST HAVE: The only way to protect the quality and taste of your wines long or short term, and ensure it AGES at a consistent level, the wine has to be...
The Ivation 8-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, as the name suggests, is able to hold 8 bottles of wine. It features a digital thermostat control panel, a button for turning the soft interior lighting on and off, three premium beechwood removable shelves, solid polyurethane heavy foam insulation, and a Thermopane smoked tempered UV light blocking stainless steel glass door. This wine fridge also features a temperature range of 46 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a thermoelectric cooling system, which makes it a very quiet product to own.
Features of the Ivation 8-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler:
- It features a digital thermostat control panel
- The door of this unit is made of stainless steel
- The unit’s cabinet is constructed of a slightly darker metal
- There is a button for turning the soft interior lighting on and off
- The shelves on this unit are constructed out of premium beechwood
- There are three removable shelves
- It fits 8 standard size bottles
- It features a temperature range from 46 to 64 degrees F
- It features solid polyurethane heavy foam insulation
- There is a Thermopane smoked tempered UV light blocking glass door
- It is a very quiet model thanks to the thermoelectric cooling system
The Nutrichef PKCWC120 Refrigerator is undoubtedly our favorite on this list. It features a significant capacity for a small wine cooler, and what it lacks in capacity, it makes up for in portability.
You can fit 12 of your favorite wines in it, and enjoy them at their best quality due to this product’s many amazing features: precision compressor cooling technology, adjustable temperature controls, integrated LED lights, a built-in circulation fan, a ventilation grill, a reinforced glass door, an airtight seal, a child safety auto-lock, and a 1-year quality of complete satisfaction guarantee.
You can change the temperatures between 41 to 64° degrees Fahrenheit (5 to 18°C). It is a quiet, cheap, and efficient product that will satisfy any wine lover and will definitely make any room much more entertaining to be in!
Bonus tip: Check out this video on how to store wine and select a proper wine fridge.