Dual-zone wine coolers can present an incredible advantage to those looking to store their diverse wine collection. If you are an experienced wine enthusiast, you might already know by now that different types of wine (such as red and white wine) should be stored at a different ideal temperature, making a dual-zone cooler the optimal option for those with a red and white wine collection.
This list should hopefully help you find the best wine coolers, and help you choose which one is right for your home and for all your wine storage needs. Together with this list, you will find Amazon links to each product in case you would like to purchase on today. So, let’s get started!
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 17 hours of research:
The 10 Best Dual-Zone Wine Coolers of 2021 – Overview
Here are the top 5 picks (keep scrolling for picks 6-10).
1. Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler
- Kalamera 24'' Wine refrigerator 40 Bottle Dual Zone Built-in or Freestanding with Stainless Steel & Triple-Layer Tempered Glass Door and Temperature Memory Function
The Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler is able to, as the name suggests, fit up to 46 bottles of wine. If you are an experienced wine collector and either have, or hope to have a large collection in the future, then this is the fridge for you.
It features a top zone with a temperature range of 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, which is ideal for your white wines, and a lower zone with a temperature range of 50 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit, which is ideal for your reds. You will experience very little noise as well as very little vibration with this dual-zone wine fridge, meaning the sediment in your bottles will not be agitated and the flavor impaired.
You will also have the chance to adjust the inside of your wine cooler with its adjustable beech shelves. The only issue you might run into with this system is that the quality control during the delivery process can be slightly disappointing, so check your package on arrival to make sure nothing is broken or missing.
Features of the Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler:
- It is a 46-bottle dual-zone cooler
- Dual temperature zones are crucial if you want to keep both red and white wine for short-term consumption since red and white wines are best served at different temperatures
- You can chill your whites in the upper zone from 40F to 50F
- You can keep reds chilled slightly less aggressively from 50F to 66F
- You can set both zones to the same temperature if you plan to use this cooler for long-term storage
- The adjustable beechwood shelving can be reconfigured if you need to store larger bottles
- It features very little noise or vibration
- You will not end up with the sediment in your wine bottles agitated and the flavor impaired
- The build quality is robust
- Solid beech shelves and stainless steel throughout ensures that this cooler will last the distance
- The quality control is a disappointment so check your package closely upon arrival
2. Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler 24 Inch Built-in Wine Refrigerator
- Advanced compressor cooling and air circulation system: Higher energy efficiency, lower noise.
The Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler 24 Inch Built-in Wine Refrigerator is a high-capacity wine cooler with storage space for up to 46 bottles inside. It features a top zone with a temperature range of 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit (for your white wines) and a bottom zone with a temperature range of 50 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit (for your red wines).
You can display these temperatures in either Celsius or Fahrenheit. This is a very quiet Phiestina model with a reversible door hinge that allows for flexibility and 5 removable shelves so you can adjust the fridge’s environment. This is also a fairly eco-friendly and energy-efficient fridge for those worried about their carbon footprint.
Features of the Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler 24 Inch Built-in Wine Refrigerator:
- It can fit 46 bottles
- It is a dual-zone wine cooler
- The upper zone will keep your white wine chilled between 40F and 50F
- Down below, keep your favorite reds cooled from 50F to 66F
- Choose to display the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- There is a reversible door hinge that allows for flexibility
- It runs very quietly
- There are 5 removable shelves meaning you can configure your storage environment
- The shelves are also fully adjustable
- It features a compact footprint despite generous capacity
3. Aobosi Wine Refrigerator and Cooler
- 🍇Advanced Temperature Control System--You can control the dual zones independently. Just want the wine cooler zone to work? turn it on and go. No effect on the beverage cooler area. The left zone...
The Aobosi Wine Refrigerator and Cooler is one of only two products on this list that features designated space for both your wine bottles and your beer and soda cans. You can fit up to 18 bottles of wine on the left side at a temperature of 35.6 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit and you can fit over 50 cans on the right side at a temperature of 41 to 64.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can use this fridge for both short-term or long-term cooling, and you can adjust the shelves if you plan on storing different shapes of bottles. You can also install this fridge in an existing cabinet or leave it as a freestanding wine cooler.
Unfortunately, however, you might notice that this unit is not really as quiet as others on this list, so if you do not have a wine cellar and plan on installing your wine cooler in the kitchen, living room, or anywhere else you might hear it, then you might want to choose a different model.
Features of the Aobosi Wine Refrigerator and Cooler:
- You will have space for 18 bottles and over 50 cans in this unit
- It features twin cooling zones
- On the left-hand side, you can store your wines chilled from 35.6F to 50F
- The other side of the cooler gives you a temperature band of 41F to 64.4F
- You can wine store short-term or long-term
- You can also adjust or remove the shelves if you need to make space for larger bottles of bubbly
- There is a stainless steel vent baked into the front of this cooler
- You can choose to build this cooler into your cabinets or leave it as a freestanding wine refrigerator
- You will not need to leave too much space for the heat to dissipate
- There were a few complaints about the noise of this unit
4. Lanbo 44 Bottle Built-in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler
- COMPRESSOR FAN COOLING: Our fan cooling management system maintains a stable environment for your wine by circulating cool, humid air throughout the wine cooler fridge ensuring consistent temperature...
The Lanbo 44 Bottle Built-in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler features a top zone with a range of 41 to 54 degrees Fahrenheit and a bottom zone with a range of 54 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit. It also features removable beech shelves and a double-paned and tempered glass door. The only issue with this product is that the customer service can be considered questionable.
Features of the Lanbo 44 Bottle Built-in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler:
- The dual-zone functionality is perfect if you plan to store both red and white wines
- The top zone of this unit has a range from 41F to 54F
- With red wines, keep them down below at a warmer temperature range between 54F and 64F
- All shelving is made from natural beech which looks great and is built to stay the distance
- The shelves are removable and adjustable
- It features a double-paned and tempered glass door
- The customer service can be questionable
5. EdgeStar 38-Bottle Wine Cooler
- PLEASE NOTE: 38 bottle capacity is ONLY achieved if ALL stored bottles are standard sized 750ml 2.75" Bordeaux bottles; to accommodate larger bottles a shelf will need to be removed.
The EdgeStar 38-Bottle Wine Cooler can, as the name suggests, fit up to 38 standard 750ml bottles of wine. There is an upper zone with a temperature range of 40 to 54 degrees Fahrenheit and a lower zone with a temperature range of 54 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit.
This fridge’s special feature is that you can install the door on either side of it, so you can install it in more places in your home than other similar products on the market. You will also get adjustable, wood-facing wire shelves and solid customer care with this product. It is, however, quite a big fridge, so you must make sure you have space in your home for it.
Features of the EdgeStar 38-Bottle Wine Cooler:
- Perfect if you have a smaller to mid-sized collection of red and white wine
- It is a 38-bottle cooler
- Capacity is based on using regular 750ml Bordeaux bottles
- It is a dual-zone cooler
- The upper zone has a temperature range of 40F to 54F
- In the lower zone, chill from 54F to 64F
- When you want to install this cooler, you can hang the door on either side to max out your options
- The brand features solid customer care
- The wood-facing wire shelves can be easily configured
- It is quite a bulky unit so make sure you have room to accommodate
6. Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator, Built in Wine and Drink Center
- ACCOMMODTIONG STORAGE: Whether you enjoy soda, beer, water or wine, this wine cooler provides supplemental storage for keeping your favorite drinks housed under one appliance.
The Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator, Built in Wine and Drink Center features space for both your wine bottles and your beer and soda cans. The left side is destined for your wine bottles (up to 18 of them), with a temperature range of 41 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit, and the right side is destined for your canned beverages (up to 57 of them), with a temperature range of 39 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
This fridge also features a responsive touch control panel, easily readable displays, compressor-based cooling technology, front ventilation, and no to very low noise. There have, however, been certain complaints by customers about the build quality.
Features of the Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator, Built in Wine and Drink Center:
- It is a dual-zone cooler
- It is a compact unit
- Capacity is acceptable at 18 bottles and up to 57 cans
- The left zone has a temperature range from 41F to 64F
- The right-hand side allows you to cool your beverages from 39F to 50F
- There are a responsive touchscreen control panel and easily readable digital displays
- The compressor-based cooling system delivers excellent efficiency
- There is none of the annoying noise that can plague some cheaper and poor quality wine coolers
- Front ventilation allows you to install this cooler under the counter or you can leave it standing alone
- There are some complaints about the build quality over time
7. EdgeStar 24-Inch Wine Cooler
- Double paned, tempered glass doors; Built-in capable; Touch panel digital controls & display
The EdgeStar 24-Inch Wine Cooler is built with a stainless steel door and wooden shelves. It features a compact design meaning you should be able to build it into your cabinets or counter. While it is a compact product, this wine cooler still weighs 94 pounds, and you will not have the option of inside delivery, so it is important that you have someone help you bring it inside your home and where you decide to install it. This wine cooler features a decent temperature range of 36 to 43 degrees Fahrenheit on the left side and 41 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit on the right side.
Features of the EdgeStar 24-Inch Wine Cooler:
- The black cabinet is contrasted with a stainless steel door and wooden shelving
- The 24-inch design of this cooler means you should have no problem installing it into existing cabinets or under-the-counter
- The cooler weighs 94 pounds
- The left-hand zone cools from 36F to 43F
- On the other side, keep your red wines cooled from 41F to 68F
- You can expect your package delivered curbside
- You will not have the option of inside delivery
- Make sure you have some assistance for unloading and installation
- It is quite heavy and bulky considering the smaller capacity
8. NewAir NWC029SS01 Wine Cooler
- Attractive blue lighting brightens the interior
The NewAir NWC029SS01 Wine Cooler is a quiet and easy to install wine cooler that can fit up to 29 bottles of wine inside. This wine cooler is known to come in a very safe and secure package with styrofoam and an extra drip catch for the compressor.
This is a fast-acting cooler where the top part has a range of 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit and the bottom part has a range of 50 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also a compact cooler, meaning you will be able to put it under virtually any counter. Unfortunately, some users have reported that the shelves in this wine cooler can be too tight and that the trays can be quite squeaky.
Features of the NewAir NWC029SS01 Wine Cooler:
- It features a 29-bottle capacity
- It features a quiet operation
- It is easy to install
- The shelves can be too tight
- There are squeaky trays
- It is also well-packaged with styrofoam and included an extra drip catch for the compressor
- The fridge cools quickly after plugging it in
- The upper portion of the refrigerator can reach a maximum of 40 to 50°F
- The lower area can cool to around 50 to 66°F
- You will not find any problem putting this under your counter
9. Nutrichef Dual-Zone Wine Cooler
- 15 BOTTLE CAPACITY: The wine coolers freestanding countertop wine fridge includes contoured, polished chrome 4 wine racks & 1 bottom standing rack to safely hold 15 bottles of wine for secure chilling...
The Nutrichef Dual-Zone Wine Cooler is able to hold 15 bottles of wine. It features easy temperature controls, a blue LED light, and compact shelving inside. This wine cooler also does not produce much noise so it will not bother you or your family.
Features of the Nutrichef Dual-Zone Wine Cooler:
- There is a 15-bottle capacity
- There are easy temperature controls that cool the bottles fast
- It features a blue LED lighting
- The shelves are close to each other
- It also does not produce that much noise
10. Ivation Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- TEMPERATURE STABILITY - Ivation wine coolers’ compressor technology ensures temperature is not affected by outside heat sources, and reaches temperatures low enough to house sparkling white wines...
The Ivation Wine Cooler Refrigerator has a special feature where it can hold your bottles upright. The temperature control in this product is quite strong – it does not take very long to chill your bottle as soon as they are inside the fridge, and it keeps the right temperature in it for as long as you need. It is a very quiet, very small wine cooler that can fit up to 12 bottles of wine inside. It also features chrome shelves, a unique cool fan, and UV-resistant double-paned glass.
Features of the Ivation Wine Cooler Refrigerator:
- This fridge can hold bottles upright
- The wine bottles do not take too long to chill when using this fridge
- It maintains the right temperature for the wine bottles
- It only has a minimal sound during operation
- It is a 12-bottle wine fridge
- There are chrome shelves for extra protection
- It features a unique cool fan that equally distributes the air throughout the cooler
- It comes with a UV-resistant double-paned glass that keeps the wine bottles from harmful UV rays
The Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler is, unsurprisingly, our favorite on this list. It features quite a hefty capacity of 46 bottles of wine and a generous range of 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit on the top zone and 50 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit on the bottom zone. You can set both temperature zones to 50 degrees Fahrenheit if you only have one favorite wine and would like it to work as a single-zone wine cooler.
You can also rearrange the shelves if you would like to store different kinds of bottles. This is a low-noise, low-vibration machine that will not bother you, your family, or your bottles (the sediment will not be agitated inside your bottles). It is the best, strongest choice of wine cooler for the wine lover in your family.
Bonus tip: Check out this video about how to store wine properly!