For wine lovers who enjoy a high-quality wine key for opening wine, this list is for you. You never want to be caught in a situation where you have no wine opener in your home.
This buying guide will help you find the best wine openers for your home based on your own specific needs and the kind of wines that you choose to drink. In the end, we will also include a section on the best overall wine opener, as well as a compilation of all types of corkscrews you can find available for purchase.
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 17 hours of research:Table could not be displayed.
The 10 Best Corkscrews of 2021 – Overview
Here are the top 5 picks (keep scrolling for picks 6-10).Table could not be displayed.
1. Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener
The Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener is an electric corkscrew with a great design and embedded LEDs. You will be able to choose between red, black and silver. It is made out of stainless steel and it features a transparent shell so you can see the cork being removed. You can get through 60 bottles of wine before you have to recharge it.
When you purchase this product, you will receive a stopper, a wine pourer, and a removable lid that works as a foil cutter for the wine seals. The only downside to this product is that there can be certain problems with the battery after a period of time.
Features of the Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener:
- It is a heavy-duty electric corkscrew
- It features an eye-catching sleek design and neat LEDs
- You can choose from red, black, or silver to mesh with your design scheme
- The stainless steel chassis has a transparent shell so you can monitor cork removal closely
- You will be free to uncork up to 60 bottles in a single charge
- It is rechargeable
- It features high functionality
- You will receive several gadgets such as a stopper and a wine pourer, as well as a removable lid that serves double duty as a foil cutter
- There are a few complaints about battery problems manifesting over time
2. Barvivo Waiter’s Corkscrew
The Barvivo Waiter’s Corkscrew is the best lever kind of corkscrew. This is a very affordable, stainless steel corkscrew that should last you for a very long time. Since this is a manual corkscrew, it can be a little tough to use at times, so if you have any problems with this you should probably look for another model.
The fulcrum (the part of the corkscrew that clips onto the lip of the bottle) is double-hinged, meaning you will have two separate increments for more leverage. This also means it is ideal for beginners to use. This lever-style corkscrew comes in many different colors and finishes so you can match it to the decor in your kitchen.
Features of the Barvivo Waiter’s Corkscrew:
- It is a waiter’s lever
- This corkscrew is priced firmly within the budget territory
- The core of this tool is stainless steel giving you maximum durability
- You will need to put in a little effort
- We would like to see this model functioning a little smoother
- The fulcrum is double-hinged
- It is super-simple to use even for complete beginners
- Available in a staggering array of colors and finishes
- Exceptional value for money
- You might find starting this corkscrew in the cork a little tough
3. Pulltap’s Double-Hinged Waiter’s Corkscrew
The Pulltap’s Double-Hinged Waiter’s Corkscrew, similarly to the product above, is a double-hinged waiter’s corkscrew. It is made out of chromed steel and comes at a very affordable price. Additionally, the worm is coated with a non-stick treatment that allows for a smoother and easier uncorking process. The only issue with this corkscrew is that the build quality can be a little flimsy.
Features of the Pulltap’s Double-Hinged Waiter’s Corkscrew:
- It is a double-hinged waiter’s corkscrew
- It is not stainless steel, it is chromed steel
- There is a super-low price tag
- The worm on this corkscrew is coated with a non-stick treatment that allows you even greater purchase when you are pulling and makes uncorking smooth
- The build quality is slightly flimsy
4. Oster Cordless Electric Bottle Opener
The Oster Cordless Electric Bottle Opener is, as the name suggests, an electric corkscrew, which makes it so that the uncorking process is quite fast. You will be able to uncork up to 30 wine bottles before you need to recharge the product. It should take you somewhere between 6 to 8 hours to recharge, so make sure you put it to charge overnight if you can.
The Oster cordless electric wine bottle opener is very easy to use with its simple push button. You will also have a foil cutter so you can take care of the seal in your wine bottles. You might see the quality decline over time with this product.
Features of the Oster Cordless Electric Bottle Opener:
- It is an electric corkscrew
- Speed is the primary draw here
- You can uncork up to 30 wine bottles before it needs recharging
- Imparting a full burst of charge takes from 6 to 8 hours
- Push-button simplicity ensures you do not need to be practically inclined to use
- The thoughtful design extends to a foil cutter which makes light work of those seals
- There are a few issues with build quality that might develop over time
5. OXO Double Waiter’s Corkscrew
The OXO Double Waiter’s Corkscrew is a classic waiter’s lever that will take care of even the longer and more difficult corks. It features a double-lever design for extra leverage. It is a very user-friendly corkscrew. The OXO steel vertical lever corkscrew also folds down so that you can fit it in your drawers. You might have a little bit of trouble using this corkscrew at first, and the curvature of the knife could be improved.
Features of the OXO Double Waiter’s Corkscrew:
- It is a waiter’s lever
- Ease of use ensures that pulls even lengthier and more demanding corks
- It works with both synthetic corks, natural corks, and even older bottles
- The neat, ergonomic double-lever design allows for exceptional leverage
- This little tool folds down so you can chuck it in the drawer
- You might find this corkscrew a little tough to use at first
- This is a rewarding and user-friendly corkscrew worthy of a place in any kitchen
- The curvature of the knife could be improved
6. Secura Electric Wine Bottle Opener
The Secura Electric Wine Bottle Opener is another electric corkscrew made out of stainless steel with interior LED lights. It is very easy to use, simply push a button and the cork will be removed on its own. You will need to charge this electric wine bottle opener for 6 to 7 hours and you can use it for up to 30 bottles in one go.
There is a transparent shell on this product that will allow you to see the cork being removed. This is also a very quiet corkscrew rated at a little over 40 decibels. The only issue you might run into with this product is that there have been certain complaints about the corkscrew being underpowered.
Features of the Secura Electric Wine Bottle Opener:
- It is an electric corkscrew
- The expanse of stainless steel is accented with interior LED lights
- All you do is push a button and watch the cork being removed
- Charging takes 6 to 7 hours
- You can uncork up to 30 bottles in a single sitting
- The transparent shell around the mechanism removes the guesswork from cork removal
- Runs extremely quietly rated at just over 40 decibels
- There are a few complaints about this corkscrew being underpowered
7. OXO Vertical Lever Corkscrew
The OXO Vertical Lever Corkscrew is, as the name suggests, a vertical level that comes from a highly recognized brand known for its quality products at reasonable prices. This corkscrew is made out of lightweight and durable die-cast zinc and it features a removable foil cutter for the wine seals as well as an extra screw for when the first one wears out. Even still, there have been certain complaints about this product’s durability.
Features of the OXO Vertical Lever Corkscrew:
- It is a vertical lever
- This brand has a solid reputation for producing first-class gear at very reasonable prices
- Made from lightweight yet durable die-cast zinc
- All you need is a couple of quick motions to remove the cork
- There is a removable foil cutter you can store onboard
- You even get an extra screw thrown in meaning this corkscrew should last for longer
- There are several users that report issues with durability
8. Coutale Sommelier Prestige Corkscrew
The Coutale Sommelier Prestige Corkscrew is another waiter’s double-lever. It is quite an efficient product that requires very little effort with its grooved worm and stainless steel construction. This corkscrew is the only spring-loaded double lever corkscrew on the market. It also features a lifetime warranty. The only downside to this corkscrew is that it is not a cheap corkscrew for a manual kind.
Features of the Coutale Sommelier Prestige Corkscrew:
- It is a waiter’s double-lever
- It features patented double-lever action
- You get exceptional efficiency with minimal effort
- Pulling out corks goes smoothly thanks to the grooved worm
- This is fashioned from rugged stainless steel
- The only spring-loaded double lever corkscrew on the market
- There is a lifetime guarantee for total peace of mind
- It is not cheap for a manual corkscrew
9. Rabbit Vertical Lever Corkscrew
The Rabbit Vertical Lever Corkscrew features a classic vertical lever mechanism. It is made out of stainless steel and black plastic, and it is available in a muted velvet, vibrant red or understated gray finish. It is a lightweight and portable corkscrew with the ability to remove 20,000 corks. It also features a non-slip grip for extra purchase. The only downside to this vertical lever corkscrew is that the build quality can sometimes be a bit questionable.
Features of the Rabbit Vertical Lever Corkscrew:
- You get a classic vertical lever mechanism
- The stainless steel is complemented by black plastic finished in a muted velvet
- You can also find this corkscrew in vibrant red and understated gray
- It is lightweight and portable
- The impressive lifespan rated for the removal of 20,000 corks
- The non-slip grip allows you to get great purchase when removing corks
- The build quality is questionable
10. Hi Coup Wing Corkscrew
The Hi Coup Wing Corkscrew is a winged corkscrew. Winged corkscrews require less effort in the uncorking process, so it is recommended for people that face certain problems using tougher, more difficult corkscrews. You will also be able to open a beer bottle cap with this tool. The price-to-quality ratio is quite good with this product. It also features a lifetime guarantee. The only issue with this corkscrew is that the handle can feel slightly flimsy.
Features of the Hi Coup Wing Corkscrew:
- It is a winged corkscrew
- The innovative winged design calls for much less effort on your part
- The added bonus with this corkscrew is the way in which the cork pulls out so smoothly
- This multipurpose tool also allows you to crack open beer bottles
- The build quality is genuinely impressive considering the affordable price-point
- It features an unimprovable lifetime guarantee
- The handle feels slightly flimsy
Our WinnerTable could not be displayed.
The Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener is our favorite on this list. It is an electric corkscrew with LEDs and either a red, black, or silver design. It is a stainless steel product with a transparent shell so you can see the uncorking process happen. You can get through an impressive amount of 60 bottles in a single sitting. You will also get a stopper, a wine pourer, and a removable lid that doubles as a foil cutter. It is the definite winner on this list.
What Kind Of Corkscrews Are There?
There are several different kinds of corkscrews, all devised for different people with different needs. You might be looking for a manual corkscrew, which is often cheaper. You might need an easier-to-use electric corkscrew, which tends to be slightly more expensive. Here is a rundown of the different kinds of corkscrews you might find available on Amazon:
- Air Pressure Wine Openers
- Continuous Pull Corkscrew
- Counter-Mount Corkscrew
- Electric Corkscrew
- Lever Corkscrew
- Pocket Corkscrew
- Waiter’s Corkscrew
- Wall-Mount Corkscrew
- Wine Cork Extractor
- Wing Corkscrew
It is important to understand your household’s needs when it comes to corkscrews. If you are the kind of person that struggles with the manual process of opening a wine bottle, then you should get an electric corkscrew such as the Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener.
If you are more concerned with price, then a manual one should be just fine. If you are on the fence, you should try and do some research on the types of corkscrews mentioned above so you can get the best kind of corkscrew for your home.
Bonus tip: Check out this video of how to open a wine bottle without a corkscrew!