K &L Wines: Everything You Need To Know in 2022
K&L are world leading wine merchants that was founded in Millbrae, California in 1976 by Clyde Beffa and Todd Zucker.
They have a varied selection of stellar wines that range from rare old wines to younger wines from around the world which they offer on their site. The site also does inventory updates happening in real time so that you never miss an update. They operate in three retail stores in Redwood City and Hollywood, San Francisco and California.
Read this post until the end to know everything about K&L Wines.
Why to Buy From K and L?
- K&L offer a wide selection of some of the world’s best wines from around the world.
- They have an outstanding team that’s always ready to help with all your queries.
- Old and rare wines are their speciality.
- They have the best prices available.
Buying and Selling Process At K&L
K&L updates their inventory in real time. Their site incorporates lots with the current retail items and gives further exposure to your wine. You can review the list by sorting by variety, product type or country or by using the search bar at the top of the page.
Once you have registered as a customer with K&L and, have an account and a valid credit card file you can begin bidding on live auction lots.
All you have to do is click the place bid button next to any lot and enter your maximum bid for some of the most coveted wines in the world.
K&L have made sure to ensure that the selling process is as seamless as can be.
If you want to be a seller, all you have to do is sign up for a seller account by going to your seller account and selecting auctions selling. Here you can check the status of your current lots and view your history and K and L account credit balance.
4. Selling Your Wine
Selling your wine at K&L is pretty much seamless. It is a safe and convenient process that just requires you to email a list of your wines to the Auction department and then a buyer who likes your wine will contact you to inquire more about the sale of your wine.
If you are located outside California however, K and L can help you ship your wines to their Northern California facility for inspection prior to the auction.
How To Place Bids For Wines From K&L?
For you to place a bid, you obviously have to be a registered customer. And so it goes that you should have a customer account. You must be logged into your account and have a current credit card on file and a shipping address within a state that allows the buyer to ship the import the wine directly.
Once you have placed your bid and entered the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the wine, you will be taken to the confirmation page to review and confirm your submission.
Should you feel the need to alter your bid, you can view your proposals and increase them by just going to your account and reselecting auctions – buying.
Things To Remember When Placing A Bid
- Your bids will be placed automatically in reaction to the competing bid. Luckily, the automatic bidding system only bids the minimum amount necessary to ensure you remain the high bidder.
- If your maximum bid is outbid, you’ll immediately get a notification via email alerting you so that you can have an opportunity to raise it.
- Your maximum bid must be equal or more than the bid increment for the lot.
- Make sure that you have correctly entered your maximum bid because as soon as you have opened it, it becomes a binding contract to buy in the event that you win the lot.
- The maximum bid must be more than the minimum bid.
- You can increase your, maximum bid by more than the standard increment if it is necessary for you to beat another maximum bid that is outbidding you.
- Your maximum bid is a reflection of how much you are willing to pay for the lot.
Paying For Your Wine
Now that you have bid and won, how then do you close the deal?
It’s pretty simple, really.
As the winning bidder, you automatically get an email that explains how you are going to close the auction. You have to confirm the order and select your shipping preferences within three days of the auction end date, and the purchase will be automatically charged to your credit card on file.
Note that you can only pay for this order using a debit or credit card. And once you have made the payment, the title to the property will be passed from the seller to you. However, this can only happen once you’ve cleared all payment including any suitable storage and shipping fees.
- Various fees apply depending on whether you are a buyer or a seller.
- Once you have won a bid, you have to pay a 5% buyer’s premium on the winning bid.
- There is a $5.00 listing fee for each auction lot that’s subtracted from the sellers’ proceeds as soon as the deal is closed.
Wrapping it Up
And there you have it, folks!
A comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about K and L Wines. We are confident that you will have no trouble buying or selling wines at K and L once you’ve read this. Also, check this list of the best wine brands in the world.
You can thank us later!
What's Your Reaction?
Praesent elementum facilisis leo vel fringilla est ullamcorper eget. In hac habitasse platea dictumst quisque sagittis purus sit. Massa tempor nec feugiat nisl. Metus vulputate eu scelerisque felis imperdiet proin fermentum leo vel. Consectetur adipiscing elit duis tristique sollicitudin. Sagittis orci a scelerisque purus semper eget. Nisl nisi scelerisque eu ultrices. Enim sit amet venenatis urna cursus.