The Best Wine Bars In DC For Every Type of Drinker
A wine bar is the perfect place for a date night, an after-work drink with colleagues, or to celebrate a special occasion. Wine bars are popping up all over the world and there are many different styles of wine bars which people can visit.
The best wine bar in DC is the one that fits your type of drinker. Some people can’t drink any alcohol for various reasons, so they should stick to Champagne and other sparkling wines. Other people like red wines, and plenty of them to choose from. If you like white wines, you can find a nice white wine bar in DC with a large selection of different whites.
This article will help you find the best wine bar in DC for your specific type of drinker.
How To Find A Great Wine Bar That Has Something for Everyone And Every Occasion
There are many factors to consider when looking for a wine bar, but the atmosphere is the most important. Do you want to relax in a quiet and low-lit environment, or would you prefer to be entertained in a lively atmosphere with loud music and live entertainment?
Factors to consider while finding the perfect Wine Bar
It’s important to look out for the following factors when looking for a wine bar:
- Atmosphere: Is the place calm and relaxing or loud and rowdy?
- Food: What kind of dishes does the place offer?
- Location: Is the location convenient for everyone?
Find the purpose of your visit
Based on these criteria’s, we also need to analyse the purpose for which we are looking for the wine bar.
- Are we hoping to find the perfect spot for a Date Night?
- Is this to be a venue for an evening of connecting and enjoying at the Girls’ Night Out?
- Are you looking for authentic sip & savor experience in a relaxed environment?
- Or, may be you want a happening party spot?
- You may also be looking for a quick friendly spot to drink in peace.
Best Wine Bars in DC
What are the best wine bar in DC? This is a question many people ask themselves. And fortunately, there are some great options to choose from. If you are looking for some wine bars, check out our list of five of the best Wine Bars in DC and choose the one that suits you!
1- Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar
This two-story authentic French bistro and wine bar comprises of a ground floor that serves bona fide French cuisine and the second floor has a rich wine bar. Bistrot Lepic’s atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming, with a blend of the local and outside crowd.
1736 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007, N S St & N R St, Georgetown.
Yelp Rating: 4/5
- They have a wide selection of wine reneging from $9 a glass to $400 a bottle.
- Guests can enjoy great French Cuisine with their favourite bottle of wine.
- A cozy outdoor seating with white tablecloths and candles, beside the sidewalk is a favourite among its guests.
- Patrons can enjoy live jazz every Wednesday between 6.30 to 9.30 pm.
- The mood inside the restaurant is cozy & romantic. The first floor has a cool wine bar vibe.
- Happy Hours is on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday between 5 to 7 pm and all wine by the glass are half priced.
2- Flight Wine Bar
Flight Wine Bar spends significant time in wine tasting flights, a pleasant method for exploring various styles and the by-the-glass list. This can be appreciated underneath its excellent floor-to-roof wine bar and under the bearing of its friendly, knowledgeable staff. There’s a lot of personalities – and the food is fantastic as well.
777 6th St NW, Washington, DC 20001.
Yelp Rating: 4/5
- They have a robust wine list consisting of over 600 wines in various formats including 22 wine flights and 35+ wines by the glass.
- The extensive selection of different wine flight combinations like “let’s go island hopping”, “all the better to smell you with” or “I like oak and I cannot lie” flight are on their menu.
- They focus on wines from small, family-owned estates, and lesser known varietals and regions.
- The interiors as well as the service is great but the menu options are limited.
- They have were the James Beard semifinalist for an outstanding wine program in 2020.
3- Cork Wine Bar
This fourteenth Street outliner hands every visitor a book with many choices and blending ideas. There are 25 wines from Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany and, Mais oui, France.
1805 14th St NW Washington, DC 20009.
Yelp Rating: 3.5/5
- The wine bar has more than 50 varieties of wines by the glass and 250 bottles from small producers around the world.
- Cork also has a Marketplace and you can purchase all the wines on the Menu and more to take home with you.
- The wine knowledge and selection here is top-notch – there’s a lot of options, and many of unique.
- A cozy back patio for dining is available.
- They have limited food options available and their portion sizes are small.
- Wine tastings are held every Saturday afternoons. Private wine tastings can also be organised.
4- ENO Wine Bar
Adjacent, the Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown is an unassuming two-story brownstone that represents considerable in the food pyramid we had always wanted: wine, charcuterie, cheddar, and chocolate. If you are looking for a intimate space to sample great wines before dinner this is it! Tucked away right at the tip of Georgetown, this is a great hang out spot.
2810 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20007.
Yelp Rating: 4/5
- Eno is perfect for a date night or a girlfriends meet up.
- The Wine menu is extensive and they also serve an elite selection of reserve wines by the glass.
- They have great flight options and the staff are very knowledgeable of the different cheeses and wines. They have an option to build your own flight.
- It has a relaxed, laid back vibe with some low-key music that sets the mood for a glass of wine.
- They are famous for their delicious artisan chocolates.
- The downstairs wine cellar/couch space is beautiful and can be booked for small events.
5- No Kisses Bar
Lovers of natural wines — a classification that focuses on minimal, no added substances and incorporates loads of fruity or astounding flavors — should make a beeline for the No Kisses Bar in Park View.
3120 Georgia Ave NW Washington, DC 20010.
Yelp Rating: 4/5
- It has a retro vibe with florescent light up ceiling and beautiful velvet booths that line the walls.
- The Sonny’s pizza place next door is connected to the bar and serves amazing pizzas to go go along with your drink.
- The outdoor sitting space is nice, big and comfortable.
Choose the wine bar that most connects with you and visit with family and friends. Or maybe visit all of them one by one to choose your regular hangout spot.
What's Your Reaction?
Praesent elementum facilisis leo vel fringilla est ullamcorper eget. In hac habitasse platea dictumst quisque sagittis purus sit. Massa tempor nec feugiat nisl. Metus vulputate eu scelerisque felis imperdiet proin fermentum leo vel. Consectetur adipiscing elit duis tristique sollicitudin. Sagittis orci a scelerisque purus semper eget. Nisl nisi scelerisque eu ultrices. Enim sit amet venenatis urna cursus.