If you are a professional wine lover or wine enthusiast, chances are you have accumulated quite a hefty collection. And where would you put such a collection if you happen to not have a wine cellar and not much space in your kitchen or your home for wine storage? The answer, a built-in wine cooler.
With a built-in wine fridge (or an under-counter wine fridge), you can stash all of your bottles and regulate their temperature and humidity, making sure they stay the perfect quality until you are ready to drink them. So without further ado, let us get started finding the best wine cooler for you!
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 17 hours of research:Table could not be displayed.
10 Best Built-in Wine Coolers of 2021 (Under Counter Fridge) – Overview
Here are the top 5 picks (keep scrolling for picks 6-10).Table could not be displayed.
1. Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler
The Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler is, as the name suggests, a 46-bottle dual-zone cooler. The fact that this is a dual-zone cooler means that there are two separate temperature zones where you can keep both your red wines and your white wines with separate temperature control settings and store them both long-term.
This wine fridge has an upper zone for your white wines that ranges in temperature from 40F to 50F and a lower zone for your red wines that ranges from 50F to 66F. You can also choose to set both zones to the same temperature. You can adjust and rearrange the beech shelves. This wine cooler has a great build quality and it is not noisy.
It also features no vibration so it will not agitate the sediment in your wine bottles and impaired the wine taste. The only thing you will need to do when you receive this product is making sure nothing is broken, as quality control when shipping can often be disappointing.
Features of the Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler:
- It is a 46-bottle dual-zone cooler
- It works for different types of wine
- Dual-zone coolers are crucial if you want to keep both red and white wine for short-term consumption since red and white wines are best served at different temperatures
- You can chill your whites in the upper zone from 40F to 50F
- You can keep reds chilled slightly less aggressively from 50F to 66F
- You can set both zones to the same temperature if you plan to use this cooler for long-term storage
- The adjustable beech shelving can be reconfigured if you need to store larger bottles
- With very little noise or vibration
- It features energy-efficient cooling technology
- You will not end up with the sediment in your wine bottles agitated and the flavor impaired
- The build quality is robust it is a sleek design
- Solid beech shelves and stainless steel throughout ensures that this cooler will last the distance
- The quality control is a disappointment so check your package closely upon arrival
2. Kalamera 30-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
The Kalamera 30-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler is a single-zone cooler where you can store one type of wine in the short-term or a mixed collection for short-term storage. You can store up to 30 bottles of your favorite wine. The temperature in this product ranges from 40F to 66F.
This stainless steel wine fridge can either be installed into an existing cabinet or under your kitchen counter or left as a standalone unit. It features a double-layered tempered glass that improves the maintenance of the temperature inside. The one downside to this single zone wine cooler is that the customer service could be improved, as some users have reported.
Features of the Kalamera 30-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler:
- It is a 30-bottle product from industry giant Kalamera
- It is a single zone cooler
- You can tweak the temperature cooling system from 40 right up to 66 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ideal for long-term storage of mixed wines
- It is also great if you only drink one type of wine
- You can leave it freestanding or you can build it into existing units
- It works for under-counter installation too
- While this cooler is quite compact, the capacity is impressive
- You can rearrange the shelving to accommodate larger bottles
- The frame of this cooler is rugged stainless steel for a lengthy lifespan
- The double-layered tempered glass on the doors maintains the integrity of your cooling environment
- The customer care could be improved
3. Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler 24 Inch Built-in Wine Refrigerator
The Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler 24 Inch Built-in Wine Refrigerator can fit 46 bottles, which quite a high storage capacity. This is a dual-zone cooler where the upper zone can keep your white wines chilled between 40F and 50F and the lower zone can keep your reds cooled between 50F and 66F.
You can view the cooler’s temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. There is also a reversible door hinge and five removable shelves so you can adjust your bottle’s environment. This under counter wine cooler is very quiet and features a compact footprint.
Features of the Phiestina 46 Bottle Wine Cooler 24 Inch Built-in Wine Refrigerator:
- It can fit 46 bottles
- It is a dual-zone wine cooler
- The upper zone will keep your white wine chilled between 40F and 50F
- Down below, keep your favorite reds cooled from 50F to 66F
- Choose to display the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- There is a reversible stainless steel door hinge that allows for flexibility
- It runs very quietly
- There are 5 removable shelves meaning you can configure your storage environment
- The shelves are also fully adjustable
- It features a compact footprint despite generous capacity
4. Aobosi Wine Refrigerator and Cooler
The Aobosi Wine Refrigerator and Cooler is another refrigerator and cooler combo that features dual temperature zones with space for your bottles (18 of them) and your cans (over 50 of them). The left side features a range of 35.6F to 50F (this side is for your wines) and the right side features a range of 41F to 64.4F (this is for your other beverages). This dual-zone wine fridge can be used for both short-term and long-term storage. There are a stainless steel vent and removable and adjustable shelves. Unfortunately, this cooler can be noisier than others on this list.
Features of the Aobosi Wine Refrigerator and Cooler:
- You will have space for 18 bottles and over 50 cans in this unit
- It features twin cooling zones
- On the left-hand side, you can store your wines chilled from 35.6F to 50F
- The other side of the cooler gives you a temperature band of 41F to 64.4F
- You can wine store short-term or long-term
- You can also adjust or remove the shelves if you need to make space for larger bottles of bubbly
- There is a stainless steel vent baked into the front of this cooler
- You can choose to build this cooler into your cabinets or leave it freestanding
- You will not need to leave too much space for the heat to dissipate
- There were a few complaints about the noise of this unit
5. Lanbo 44 Bottle Built-in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler
The Lanbo 44 Bottle Built-in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler is a dual-zone cooler. You can store your white wines on your left (where the temperature ranges from 41F to 54F), and your red wines on your right (where the temperature ranges from 54F to 64F). There are removable and adjustable beech shelves and a double-paned and tempered glass door that protects the inside from UV rays. The only problem with this cooler is that the customer service can be somewhat questionable.
Features of the Lanbo 44 Bottle Built-in Dual Zone Compressor Wine Cooler:
- The dual-zone functionality is perfect if you plan to store both red and white wines
- The top zone of this unit has a range from 41F to 54F
- With red wines, keep them down below at a warmer temperature range between 54F and 64F
- All shelving is made from natural beech which looks great and is built to stay the distance
- The shelves are removable and adjustable
- It features a double-paned and tempered glass door
- The customer service can be questionable
6. EdgeStar 38-Bottle Wine Cooler
The EdgeStar 38-Bottle Wine Cooler is able to store 38 bottles of 750ml wine. It is another dual-zone cooler, with an upper zone ranging from 40F to 54F and a lower zone ranging from 54F to 64F. This cooler’s special feature is that you have the ability to install the door on either side, depending on what works better inside your home.
You are also able to adjust the shelves for maximum efficiency inside your wine cooler, space-wise. If you run into any problems, this brand’s customer service is quite good. The only issue with this kind of system is that it is quite a large unit, so you must have room in your home for it.
Features of the EdgeStar 38-Bottle Wine Cooler:
- Perfect if you have a smaller to mid-sized collection of red and white wine
- It is a 38-bottle cooler
- Capacity is based on using regular 750ml Bordeaux bottles
- It is a dual-zone cooler
- The upper zone has a temperature range of 40F to 54F
- In the lower zone, chill from 54F to 64F
- When you want to install this cooler, you can hang the door on either side to max out your options
- The brand features solid customer care
- The beech wood shelves can be easily configured
- It is quite a bulky unit so make sure you have room to accommodate
7. Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator, Built in Wine and Drink Center
The Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator, Built in Wine and Drink Center is a compact and efficient dual-zone fridge that can fit 18 wine bottles on one side and 57 cans on the other. The left side of this cooler ranges from 41F to 64F (this is the side you should put your wine in), and the right side range from 39F to 50F (this is the side for your other beverages).
This great beverage cooler also features a responsive touch control panel and easily readable digital displays. It is a quiet under counter cooler and it can be installed freestanding as well as under the counter. Unfortunately, there are some complaints about the build quality over time.
Features of the Lanbo Wine and Beverage Refrigerator, Built in Wine and Drink Center:
- It is a dual-zone cooler
- It is a compact unit
- Capacity is acceptable at 18 bottles and up to 57 cans
- The left zone has a temperature range from 41F to 64F
- The right-hand side allows you to cool your beverages from 39F to 50F
- There are a responsive touch control panel and easily readable digital displays
- The compressor cooling delivers excellent air circulation and efficiency
- There is none of the annoying noise that can plague some cheaper and poor quality wine coolers
- Front ventilation allows you to install this cooler under the counter or you can leave it standing alone
- There are some complaints about build quality over time
8. Aobosi 24 Inch Built in Wine Cooler
The Aobosi 24 Inch Built in Wine Cooler is a spacious wine cooler that can fit up to 46 bottles. This stainless steel, sturdy product can either be installed under the counter or freestanding, whichever you prefer. It is a fairly quiet wine fridge (rated at just 42 decibels) that features compressor-based cooling for a quieter and more efficient cooling method.
As with many of the coolers mentioned in this list, you can also readjust the beech shelves to create the perfect environment for your collection. If your power goes out, the temperature memory function will reset the fridge’s temperature to what it was before the power went down once it comes back up. The only downside to this system is that you will require assistance in order to move it around in your home.
Features of the Aobosi 24 Inch Built in Wine Cooler:
- There is space for 46 bottles
- This is one of the more spacious coolers
- You can choose to leave the wine cooler freestanding, or build it into your cabinets
- Compressor-based cooling returns a quiet and efficient method of keeping your wines stored
- The stainless steel and glass door is solid and built to last
- The beech shelves contrast nicely with this utilitarian look
- You can adjust these shelves to build out a perfectly personalized storage environment
- The temperature memory function resets each zone of the cooler to the operating temperature before the power goes down
- Rated at just 42 decibels
- You will need some assistance to move this unit around
9. EdgeStar 24-Inch Wine Cooler
The EdgeStar 24-Inch Wine Cooler features a black cabinet with stainless steel and wooden shelves. It is a fairly compact product that weighs 94 pounds. While it is a small cooler, it still features two different cooling zones, the left one with a range of 36F to 43F and a capacity of 17 wine bottles and the right one with a range of 41F to 68F (for other beverages, such as beer and soda cans).
Although this package can be delivered directly to your curbside, you will not get assistance moving it inside your home, so be sure to call some strong friends if you are unsure you will be able to move it on your own since it is actually heavier than it looks.
Features of the EdgeStar 24-Inch Wine Cooler:
- The black cabinet is contrasted with stainless steel and wooden shelving
- The 24-inch design of this cooler means you should have no problem installing it into existing cabinets or under-the-counter
- The cooler weighs 94 pounds
- The left-hand zone cools from 36F to 43F
- On the other side, keep your red wines cooled from 41F to 68F
- You can expect your package delivered curbside
- You will not have the option of inside delivery
- Make sure you have some assistance for unloading and installation
- It is quite heavy and bulky considering the smaller capacity
10. EdgeStar 30-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler
The EdgeStar 30-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler has the capacity to hold 30 bottles. It is a single-zone unit so you should keep only one type of wine in it. It features an interesting extra such as carbon-activated filtration and it is a very quiet product to own. It is also ETL (Electrical Testing Labs) approved. The only issues users have reported are that there are some issues that can pop up after the 1-year warranty has expired.
Features of the EdgeStar 30-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler:
- The 30-bottle capacity is best for smaller collections
- This is a single-zone unit so works best for either long-term storage or keeping a single type of wine
- It is ETL approved
- Some nice extras include carbon-activated filtration and very quiet cooling
- It features a 1-year warranty
- Some customers complain of issues developing after the warranty expired
Our WinnerTable could not be displayed.
The Kalamera 46-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Cooler is our favorite on this list. It has the ability to house quite a significant collection (46 bottles, as the name suggests) and it is also a dual-zone cooler, meaning it is able to house both red and white wines at their recommended different temperatures for either long-term or short-term storage.
You can move the shelves around to create the perfect environment for your wine bottles. It is a stainless steel product so it should last you for a very long time, and it is a very quiet product, which will make it so that it will not bother you or your family while it is working. It is a high-quality product that is sure to help you store your wine collection for many years to come.
Bonus tip: Check out this video with great tips for how to properly store wine!